QPSK-to-2◊ BPSK wavelength and modulation format conversion through phase-sensitive four-wave mixing in a highly nonlinear optical fiber.
|Published article - Optics Express - November 2013 |
Optics Express, vol. 21, no. 23, pp. 28743-28750, November 2013.
F. Da Ros, K. Dalgaard, L. Lei, J. Xu, C. Peucheret
A phase-sensitive four-wave mixing (FWM) scheme enabling the simultaneous conversion of the two orthogonal quadratures of an optical signal to different wavelengths is demonstrated for the first time under dynamic operation using a highly nonlinear optical fiber (HNLF) as the nonlinear medium. The scheme is first optimized with respect to the power levels and phases of the four phase-coherent pumps. The successful modulation and wavelength conversion of the two complex quadratures of a quadrature phase-shift keying (QPSK) signal to two binary phase-shift keying (BPSK) signals is then demonstrated experimentally with no power penalty at a bit-error-ratio (BER) of 10^-9 compared to direct interferometric demodulation of the QPSK signal.
DaRos_ox_13_v21_p28743.pdf (available for everyone)
Access this item from its original location:
Record created 2013-11-16, last modified 2013-11-16
|People who viewed this page also viewed:|
|(383) Direct and external modulation of light
- C. Peucheret
- 34129 Experimental Course in Optical Communication.
|(379) Optical amplifiers and their system applications
- Benny Mikkelsen
- Ph.D. thesis, Department of Electromagnetic Systems, Technical University of Denmark, Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark. |
Supervisors: Kristian Stubkjśr.
|(374) Detection of 320 Gb/s Nyquist OTDM by polarization-insensitive time-domain optical Fourier transformation
- H. Hu et al
- European Conference on Optical Communication, ECOC'2013, London, U.K., September 2013. Paper We.1.C.4.
|(369) Continuous wave phase-sensitive four-wave mixing in silicon waveguides with reverse-biased p-i-n junctions
- F. Da Ros et al
- European Conference on Optical Communication, ECOC'2013, London, U.K., September 2013. Paper P.2.11.
|(355) Experimental demonstration of capacity-achieving phase-shifted superposition modulation
- J. Estaran et al
- European Conference on Optical Communication, ECOC'2013, London, U.K., September 2013. Paper We.4.D.5.
Be the first to review this document.
Start a discussion about any aspect of this document.